PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY. THE LINK TO THE APPLICATION FORM CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
If you’re a student or a recent graduate who’s passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 you must:
- be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2019
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2017
- be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 13-18 July 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
Applicants based in Thailand
The application process is different for students based in Thailand. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.facebook.com/FutureJournalistAward.FJA for information on how to apply.
The online application form includes two questions designed to test your journalistic skills and interests. Read these two questions below and prepare your answers before starting the online application.
It is not possible to save your work whilst completing the form, so we recommend you compose your answers to these questions offline, then copy and paste them into the form.
We recognise that quality journalism comes in many formats, and we encourage you to use multimedia in your responses to these questions. If you wish to give your answer as a written article you should use the space provided. If you wish to respond in multimedia format (such as video or podcast) please upload your file to a hosting site (e.g Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud) and provide a link in this space.
Applications close at 12.00 (noon) GMT on 21 March 2019.
All answers must be submitted using the online application form. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact us: FutureNewsWorldwide@britishcouncil.org.
Please download, read and make sure you understand the terms and conditions and competition rules (below) before starting your application.